Digital Detox Plan
May 30, 2019 | Brenda Price
Health & Fitness
I don't know about you, but I definitely need to shut down sometimes! Many of us are guilty of spending too much time glued to our screens. Experts have prepared a simple seven-day guide on how to detox yourself from digital distraction and help you reclaim your phone-life balance, if you are interested.
- Day one - Delete apps you never use and unsubscribe from unwanted emails. Unfollow all the people on social media who you don’t keep in touch with anymore.
- Day two - Turn off all the push notifications from your mobile so you’re not distracted by your phone.
- Day three - The moment you wake up, resist all urges to pick up your phone and start scrolling. Perhaps put your phone the other side of the room before you go to bed so you have to physically get up to turn off the alarm.
- Day four - Take your phone charging equipment out of your bedroom and place it in a different room.
- Day five - Don’t take your phone out with you for a trip today.
- Day six - Delete all social media apps from your phone for the day.
- Day seven - Switch off your phone, put it in a drawer and forget about it for the whole day.