Studio: (800) 791-0991
Office: (732) 469-0991
August 23, 2019 | Brenda Price
OK Dads!! The day has arrived where your daughter is wanting to go on a date! WHHHAAATTTTT?!?! Yup... it's ok, you got this! I found these great tips for you on Marke Merill's Blog: "How to Interview Your Daughter's Date" ... take a DEEP BREATH... ok.. ready? Here are a few bullet points for you:
This helps her know that you are expecting to be her first line of defense and gives her guidance on how to respond to a guy’s invitation.
Don’t be shy…even if it seems a bit uncomfortable for him and for you. Your job is to help your daughter, not just make him feel good about himself.
Here are some points, with some of Dennis Rainey’s included, that you can share:
1. Let him know that your daughter is priceless and that you expect him to treat her as such.
2. Share with him that you expect for him to keep her safe and not put her in any dangerous situations.
3. Make sure he understands that no alcohol or drugs should ever be involved.
4. Make sure he understands that if they get in a situation where they are uncomfortable or need any kind of help to call you immediately.
5. Acknowledge that attraction of a young man to a young woman is both normal and good but that a physical relationship is to be reserved for marriage.
6. Acknowledge that you’re going to hold him accountable for his relationship with your daughter…the physical relationship as well as how he treats her in general.
7. Make sure he’s understood everything you’ve talked about…don’t assume he gets it. You might even ask him to repeat back, in his own words, what your expectations will be.