Studio: (800) 791-0991
Office: (732) 469-0991
Books That Have Changed My Life #1
I am not sure if you are aware of the statistics on people keeping New Year’s Resolutions, but they are extremely low. Most people stop any resolutions by the end of the 2nd month. One study says that only 8% of people complete their resolutions each year. Wow! - Check it out here:
Why is it that millions of people seek change, but find none?
What many people don’t realize is that to change any of the areas above or any other area of our lives, will REQUIRE more than a New Year’s Resolution, resolve or commitment. We must change who and what we are, in order to see any REAL change!
The Bible states it this way, “...as a man thinketh it his heart, so is he...” - Prov. 23:7.
Said another way, the bent of our thinking or our hearts, determines the outcomes of our life. Maybe this is why the NT Christian is commanded to be changed by changing their MINDSET. - Rom. 12:1 - 2
In this month’s podcast, “Books That Have Changed My life” I chose to focus on two books that do nothing but change the way you think about thinking. These books don’t focus much on actions, but belief. If you haven’t read them, they are easy reads, and if digested, understood, and applied, can have life changing impact upon every area of your life. The two books are listed below:
How Successful People Think
By John Maxwell
Personality Plus - How to understand others, by understanding yourself
By Florence Littauer
Seven (7) things you will learn in the two books and audio are:
1. When you change the way you think, you change your life.
2. You must change your thinking for your actions to have lasting change.
3. The one thing that separates successful people from unsuccessful ones, is one thing - The way they think!
4. Why you should change your thinking:
5. Good thinking can do many things for you:
a. Generate revenue
b. Solve problems
c. Create Opportunities
d. It can take you to a whole new level personally and professionally
6. Good habits are hard to form. Bad habits are easy to form. You must change the way you think about your habits to change your habits.
7. Whenever you want to deal with relationship issues, make sure you value the importance of Understanding and Appreciating your differences.
If this article and audio were helpful to you, please let me know by email. If you have book recommendations, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org.